May 22, 2023
Kansas City Heart Rhythm Institute electrophysiologists are industry leaders in cutting-edge research. Our physicians shared their expertise at the recent Heart Rhythm Society's 2023 annual meeting held in New Orleans. KCHRI led presentations on multiple electrophysiology topics, including atrial fibrillation, left atrial appendage occlusion, arrhythmias related to COVID-19, and emerging areas in cardiac electrophysiology:
- A rare case of bi-atrial FDG-uptake: presenting as new onset atrial fibrillation.
- Role of FDG-PET CT in guiding therapy for relapsing and remitting myocarditis.
- Real-time video assisted thoracoscopic surgery in la high-risk transvenous lead extraction.
- A high-volume single center experience of LAA closure with Amulet vs. Watchman FLX device
- Intra-device Leaks on Post Left Atrial Appendage Occluder Follow Up Tomographic Imaging – True leak or mere incomplete endothelialization.
- Single center experience of transitioning from Transesophageal to Intracardiac Echocardiography for Left Atrial Appendage closure.
- Incident Cardiac Arrhythmias and Outcomes During Covid-19 Related Hospitalizations: Insights from the COVID-Rhythm Registry.
- Ultra-High-Density Mapping to Identify Micro-Reentrant Left Atrial Flutter Circuits Within Low Bipolar Voltage Regions: A Case Series
- Non-Pulmonary Vein Triggers and Associated Pathological Substrate: Inroads into the Less Understood Science of Non-Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation Therapeutic Targets with a Novel Non-Contact Mapping System
- Dynamic Data Driven Management of Atrial Fibrillation Using Implantable Cardiac Monitors – The MONITOR AF Study