SMALL BOWEL CAPSULE PREPARATION - PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
DIABETIC PATIENTS: PLEASE CONTACT YOUR PCP PRIOR TO YOUR PROCEDURE FOR DIABETIC MANAGEMENT OF MEDICATIONS.
You will NOT need to take the day off from work. You will come in at 8:00AM and be ready to leave no later than 8:45 AM. You will have to come back to office between 4:30 and 5:00 PM. Specific instructions will be given day of testing.
Please note: There is a 2 BUSINESS DAY Cancellation policy for all services. If we do not receive at least a 2 BUSINESS DAY notice, you WILL be charged for the missed Procedure.
If you are a new patient to our office, please bring with you the New Patient Packet that was included with these instructions.
Day Prior to Capsule
- You may eat and drink as usual until noon.
- After 12:00 noon, do not eat solid foods, milk, or dairy products. You may drink clear liquids only. Approved liquids: You may have water, tea, and coffee without cream, any juice without pulp, soda, bouillon, Gatorade and flavored Jell-O - Only drink something that you can see through when holding it up to the light.
- Nothing to drink after 10:00 PM
If you take medicines, take them as prescribed.
Day of Capsule
- Hold all morning medications, you will be given instructions on when to take them.
- Remember nothing in the morning to drink.
- Wear 2 pieces of clothing. The upper garment needs to be made of thin, natural fiber cloth (cotton) that will not ride up above hips. DO NOT WEAR A SYNTHETIC FABRIC SHIRT!
- Do not apply any lotion the morning of the procedure
Research Medical Center Brookside Campus Office
6675 Holmes Rd, Ste 430 (Entrance C)
PLEASE CALL US FOR RESULTS 2-3 BUSINESS DAYS AFTER PROCEDURE