Experienced, board-certified OB/GYNs located across the Kansas City metro area
The HCA Midwest Health Physician Services Group team of highly-skilled, board-certified OB/GYN specialists offers decades of experience providing compassionate and personalized care for women at all stages of life.
What is an ObGyn?
An obstetrician-gynecologist (OB/GYN) is a doctor with specialized training in the female reproductive system and health, pregnancy, and childbirth. While some OBs provide a wide range of services similar to a primary care physician, others focus specifically on pregnancy and the care of the reproductive system.
What is a gynecologist?
A gynecologist specializes in women's health, with training and expertise in the female reproductive system. Some gynecologists (Gyns) focus primarily on non-maternity care conditions such as:
- Abnormal Pap smears
- Breast issues, pain and lumps
- Ovarian cysts
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Prenatal Genetic Testing
- Sexually Transmitted infections (STIs)
- Urinary incontinence
Gynecologic Care for All of Life's Stages
HCA Midwest Health OB/GYNs provide comprehensive care – from adolescent gynecology and well-woman care to contraception counseling or relief from menopause symptoms. We also have physicians specializing in minimally-invasive female surgeries as well as care for pelvic and bladder issues, reproductive cancers and other female health conditions.
Learn more about our gynecologists.
Comprehensive pregnancy care in Kansas City
With more than a dozen physicians to choose from, you can always find an obstetrician that fits your needs and preferences – including midwives.
Our board-certified OB/GYNs are located in communities across the KC metro area. Wherever you are – Belton, Lee’s Summit or Independence, Mo., or Overland Park, Leawood or Olathe, Kan., – you’ll never have to travel far for expert women’s care.
We offer fast appointment availability for routine care and quick access to physicians when needed for problems or emergencies.
Comprehensive childbirth care:
Our OBs have decades of experience in pregnancy care, from preconception counseling, child birth classes, and prenatal care to your baby’s birth and postpartum care. They are highly skilled in normal pregnancies along with multiples and high-risk pregnancies needing specialized NICU care services.
Complete well-woman and preventive care:
Our teams have expertise in female health issues – menstrual irregularities, conditions such as endometriosis or ovarian cysts, menopause and much more.
Call to schedule an appointment with an OB/GYN today. See accepted insurance plans.
Prenatal and maternity expertise in Kansas City
- Childbirth – Our physicians are with you every step of the journey, from delivery through post pregnancy with important services like breastfeeding support.
- Fertility – When pregnancy doesn’t happen as quickly or easily as hoped, our OB/GYNs work closely with fertility specialists to identify and treat conditions which may be preventing a woman from becoming pregnant.
- High-risk pregnancy care – Through our maternal-fetal medicine network, we offer the region’s most experienced team to support high-risk moms-to-be.
- Preconception counseling and Family Planning – Our OB/GYNS offer comprehensive pre-pregnancy counseling, from how to get pregnant to nutritional and lifestyle choices, and habits for a healthy pregnancy.
- Prenatal care – From conception until your baby is delivered, our childbirth experts closely follow your pregnancy with comprehensive prenatal screening tests, prenatal counseling and regular visits and ultrasound.
- Advanced maternal age pregnancies
- Braxton Hicks
- Breastfeeding consultation
- Fertility issues
- Ectopic Pregnancy
- High-risk pregnancy, including multiples
- Health conditions potentially causing pregnancy or childbirth issues – high blood pressure, gestational diabetes, infections, genetic disorders
- Common issues in pregnancy – morning sickness, back pain, heartburn, etc.
- Postpartum depression and anxiety
Common OB procedures
- Fertility work-ups
- Routine prenatal testing
- 2D and 3D Ultrasound
- Genetic testing (if desired)
- Natural childbirth delivery
- C-Section birth
- Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
Maternity Hospitals in Kansas City
For comfort, safety, expertise and amenities – more moms in Kansas City choose HCA Midwest Health hospitals for having their babies. HCA Midwest Health is proud to deliver more than 6,000 babies each year—more than any other hospital system in the Kansas City region. No matter your needs or preferences, we make sure you and your baby get the happiest, healthiest start possible.
- Centerpoint Medical Center’s Birthing Center in Independence, MO., was recently named as one of Kansas City’s favorite places to have a baby, and offers advanced, family-centered care. The hospital’s level III neonatal intensive care unit (NICU), equipped with the latest technology to support preemies and other fragile newborns, keeps babies close to mom and family until they can go home. The NICU team cares for babies born as early as 28 weeks.
- Menorah Medical Center’s Family Birthing Center in Overland Park, Kan. is one of only a few local hospitals to offer single-room maternity care, spacious birthing suites where you can labor, give birth, recover and remain throughout your stay. Menorah offers a level II NICU, an intimate, family-centered environment next to the labor and delivery unit so that moms can be close to their babies. The NICU can care for babies born at 32 weeks or later.
- Overland Park Regional Medical Center in Overland Park, Kan. offers the region’s most advanced care for mother and baby during pregnancy and childbirth. The hospital has the area’s largest, most premier Antepartum Unit and Johnson County’s most advanced NICU resources that allow mother and baby to stay together–in one convenient location. The level III NICU is equipped and staffed to care for “micropreemies” born as early as 22 weeks.
- Research Medical Center in Kansas City, Mo. offers you the assurance that you and your newborn will be in competent, compassionate hands and in a secure, nurturing, soothing environment. The hospital’s level III NICU offers one of the highest levels of NICU care, and cares for babies born as early as 22 weeks.