The oncologists of HCA Midwest Health provide personalized and comprehensive cancer care for a broad range of specialty areas including Blood Cancer (Leukemia, Lymphoma and Myeloma), Breast Cancer, Colorectal Cancer, Thoracic/Lung Cancer, Gynecologic Cancer, Complex GI Cancer, Liver and Pancreatic Cancer, Brain Cancer, Head and Neck Cancer, Sarcoma, Skin, and Prostrate Cancer. Our board-certified and fellowship-trained cancer specialists’ expertise ranges from medical oncology and surgical oncology to specialties such as gynecologic cancer and breast cancer removal surgery. By applying an interdisciplinary approach to cancer treatment plans, we can truly focus on treating the whole patient, not just the cancer.
As a proud partner with the world-class Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute, and nationally accredited by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) quality program for excellence in cancer care services, HCA Midwest Health’s seven cancer centers and multiple outreach clinics are conveniently located throughout the Kansas City area so you can be assured of high quality, exceptional specialty care close to home. This powerful, interdisciplinary combination enables our cancer team to deliver the best possible care and outcomes for those affected by cancer.
With cancer centers located throughout the greater Kansas City area, you have access to top-quality cancer care in a neighborhood near you.
Your cancer specialists
From diagnosis to recovery, our dedicated oncology team closely collaborates to deliver the most effective cancer treatments for you. At the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at HCA Midwest Health, our team of more than 20 board-certified and fellowship-trained cancer specialists include:
- Interventional radiologists—Implement minimally invasive, image-guided procedures to diagnose and treat cancers without surgery.
- Oncologists— Specialize in treating individuals diagnosed with cancer. Some specialize in a specific type of cancer.
- Medical oncologists—Diagnose and treat cancer with chemotherapy, immunotherapy, and targeted therapy.
- Radiation oncologists—Utilize high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells and/or shrink tumors.
- Surgical oncologists—Execute surgical procedures, including tumor removal and biopsies.
- Pathologists—Analyze cells and tissues under a microscope and share information with specialists to determine the best care and treatment options.
- Radiologists—Diagnose cancer with the most advanced imaging technology, including X-rays and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
- Reconstructive physician (plastic surgeon)— Restores function and appearance of areas affected by cancer.
Unmatched cancer care plans
Every cancer diagnosis is just as unique as each patient. Our cancer specialists’ deep understanding of this allows us to develop the safest and most effective cancer care plan for each individual without losing sight of overall health and well-being – every step of the way.
Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at HCA Midwest Health offers:
- Access to the largest network of cancer specialists through Sarah Cannon’s global network
- All-encompassing cancer care including community education, prevention, screening, diagnostics, treatment, surgery, wellness, and survivorship
- Quick diagnosis-to-treatment times
- Remarkable clinical research trials with access to hundreds of cancer trials, including the latest blood cancer treatments available through the national Sarah Cannon Cancer Network
- Individualized medicine with tumor profiling to genetically combat a patient's unique cancer type
- Interdisciplinary patient navigation by highly-skilled, oncology-trained nurses to closely guide patients through their cancer journey from discovery to survivorship
- Genetic counseling, including genetic risk assessment for those with concerns about family cancer history, in the most advanced and innovative program in the region
- Multi-faceted patient case conferences organized by cancer type and connected to doctors across our network to review and coordinate patient treatment plans
- Highly-experienced surgical oncologists offering minimally invasive and world-class robotic surgical treatment options
- Advanced radiation oncology therapies including both surgical and non-surgical interventional options
- Personalized support services for patients and caregivers including wellness, nutrition, psycho-social, rehabilitation, and survivorship
Common types of cancers treated:
- Blood cancer – Leukemia, Lymphoma, and Myeloma
- Brain cancer
- Breast cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Gastrointestinal cancer
- Genitourinary cancer (Bladder cancer)
- Gynecologic cancer
- Head and neck cancer
- Liver cancer
- Lung cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Skin cancer
Advanced cancer treatments
HCA Midwest Health utilizes world-class technologies and resources to combat cancer, including:
- Interventional oncology
- Image-guided high-dose rate (HDR) brachytherapy
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Neurosurgical ablation
- Oral and intravenous (IV) chemotherapy
- Prostate cancer treatments like brachytherapy
- Radiation therapy
- Robotic surgery