Pregnancy and childbirth care in Independence and Blue Springs, Mo. and other communities in Eastern Jackson County
Whether you’re thinking about having a baby or already pregnant, you want to be sure you’re doing everything possible for a positive, safe, healthy pregnancy and childbirth experience. At Healthcare for Women Medical Group, we share that goal.
For more than 50 years, we have offered women in and around Eastern Jackson County compassionate and personalized childbirth care – from preconception counseling to baby’s birth and postpartum care. Our board-certified/board-eligible ObGyns have delivered thousands of babies for moms around our communities. We would love to serve as your healthcare partner as you welcome your newest addition.
Your Baby’s Birth, Your Way
Every woman has her own wishes for her baby’s birth, wishes we do our very best to respect and abide by, while keeping the safety of you and your baby top of mind. Whether you want an unmedicated birth, desire an epidural, or are facing a planned cesarean section, our Obs do their best to foster the labor and delivery experience you want for you and your baby. We encourage you to read our Planning for Childbirth Pregnancy Guide to learn about the precautions we take to safeguard you and your baby during pregnancy and labor. We welcome all your questions and if you have a birth plan, we encourage you to bring it to your prenatal visits and discuss it with your Ob.
Excellent Care for You and Your Baby
Like you, we understand that the relationship between the expectant mom and her doctor is built on trust and connection. For that reason, each of our Obs tries his or her best to deliver for their own individual patients. If schedules don’t permit that, you and your baby will still be in good hands, with a skilled, experienced Ob available 24/7. Our physicians trust one another to provide the same excellent level of care to each other’s patients as they do their own.
The obstetricians and experienced nurses of Healthcare for Women Medical Group have the training and skills to care for women in routine and high-risk pregnancy situations.
- Training and professional excellence – All our Obs belong to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), and follow its best-practice-oriented childbirth care guidelines to minimize the risks associated with pregnancy.
- Prepared for every childbirth situation – Our goal with every childbirth is to deliver the baby vaginally. In cases where that may not be possible, you can be assured that our Obs are highly skilled in Cesarean section deliveries. In cases of C-section, baby stays with mom if at all possible, to foster early bonding.
- Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC) – In most cases, depending on individual circumstances, vaginal birth after cesarean is possible. Our doctor will help you determine if this is a possibility for you.
- Postpartum care – We are able to assist in cases where new moms need support for either postpartum depression and/or birth control.
Convenience and Accessibility
For your prenatal visits and as you prepare to have your baby, we offer the following services for your convenience:
- In-office ultrasound, lab capabilities and non-stress testing
- Work-in appointments when needed
- Your questions answered promptly with a provider always accessible in cases of emergency or concern
- Assistance with insurance claims and filing. Our staff can also assist you with your insurance forms for your hospital stay
The Centerpoint Medical Center Difference
All of our doctors deliver at Centerpoint Medical Center’s birthing center, recently named as one of Kansas City’s favorite places to have a baby. When you choose to have your baby at Centerpoint Medical Center, you can be sure that you and your baby are in skilled, compassionate hands.
The Labor and Delivery nurses at Centerpoint have years of experience, and are well-known for their expert and empathetic care for new moms and babies in routine and high-risk childbirth situations. In cases where mom or baby may have complications, our Obs have quick access to Centerpoint Medical Center’s highly-trained perinatologists and other specialists to ensure optimum care.
Centerpoint Medical Center offer the most advanced, family-centered care available — with a human touch.
- 9 private, spacious labor and delivery rooms, each with a rocker and reclining chair for your labor coach and free WiFi
- Private postpartum rooms where you can relax, get to know your baby
- Dedicated lactation consultants available daily, with highly trained nursing assistance, to support moms with breastfeeding
- An electronic infant security system, easily identifiable staff members and robust communication for your baby’s safety and security
- The hospital’s level III neonatal intensive care unit (NICU), equipped with the latest technology to support preemies and other fragile newborns, keeps babies close to mom and family until they can go home. The NICU team cares for babies born as early as 28 weeks.
- Centerpoint Medical Center is a certified Level II Trauma Center, with professionals trained and prepared to provide highly skilled care in the event of pregnancy-related emergencies.
- Two surgical suites reserved for women’s services
- Prenatal classes for expectant moms
Preparing for Your Big Day!
- As you get ready for your delivery, we encourage you to:
- Download our Free Childbirth 101 Pregnancy App
- Schedule an in-person tour or take a virtual tour of Centerpoint Medical Center’s Birth Center
- Connect with our dedicated Ob Nurse Navigator
- Enroll for childbirth or breastfeeding classes
- Learn about Labor & Delivery at Centerpoint Medical Center